Friday, December 23, 2011

The Gift of Half a Brain

"Did you hear about Shannon?"
"No." There were about 56 Shannons.
"So, you know that disease where you throw up when you eat? Bulgaria or something?"
"Bulimia?"
"Whatever. Well, she has that and she was, like, pregnant? And she didn't, like, know it? And last night she, like, threw up her baby. That's why she's not in school today."
"That's not biologically possible, you know."
"Whatever. I don't even know what you just said, but it's, like, true. Don't tell anyone, OK?"
"Yeah, I'll be sure not to repeat that."
-  actual conversation with an actual person who should have known better


A little learning is a dangerous thing;
drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
and drinking largely sobers us again.

-  Alexander Pope


If a little learning is dangerous, then no learning at all is downright deadly. But amusing sometimes.  Whatever.
Drink largely, my friends.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my...I hope at least it was a preteen and not an adult!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably shouldn't like laugh, but I totally am, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Bulgaria*
    that's really special, I must know see pictures of Bulgarians to see if its true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I are rolling on the bed laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would appear to be a case of "Some is good; more is better." Is half enough? Could be yes, could be no, could be just-maybe so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is spectacularly disturbing. I'm a little nauseated--or maybe I'm in labor? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @MM - Oh. No. It's probably labor. You could, like, die from that or something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, is that like, the Gift of Gossip or something? Totally sounds like it. /rolls eyes. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I, like, had, like, no freakin' idea that was even, you know, like, possible! HAHA!

    This totally took me back 20+ years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to say hello!